Pages

3/09/2009

Gardening For Kids

I am an eleven year old girl that has just started to garden. The first thing I did was start tilling some dirt in my back yard and plant some onions I bought. It was simple for my first real garden and, of course, was very proud of myself. I also started a milk fed pumpkin and is growing in a milk carton ( see Milk Pumpkin Project). I have also started buying the little boxes of peat pods and plant seeds in them.
Peat pod houses are good for growing your plants really fast. I grew some bachelor buttons, sunflowers, and cucumbers in a week (sprouting, not fully in bloom). I recomend these boxes of pods for beginers and for pros because they are much easier for growing plants than planting seeds in the ground.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete