Pages

7/23/2020

Aloe Vera Experimental Plant For the New Greenhouse

A giant pot of aloe vera (last pic) was gifted to me. It was pretty overgrown amd I basically have no experience with succulents or aloe , but I fivided it up to see if I can get them to perk up. Made a mixture of about 3 parts potting soil, 1 part perlite, and 1 part sand with a handful of osmocote slow release after letting the divided pups dry out for a day.  Ended up with 13 4" pots , 1 6" pot and 1 8" pot. 

They will be one of the first plants in my new greenhouse ($120 overstock purchase).  Greenhouse in July in Alabama might be dangerous, but I have it opened up for ventilation. 

Now I realize this isn't the prettiest greenhouse, but it's definitely about the cheapest. And it was easy to put together by myself,  so I call it a win so far. It's pretty light weight and doubt it can handle a serious storm but we shall see. I have been obsessing over a greenhouse for years now , so at least I finally took a step :) and the aloe will be the experimental plant in there. Seems like it can handle it it. Let's hope 🙏 


This last picture was when I was half way through before realizing I had done it all wrong (after many many curse words) and had things propped up every which way. I took it all back down and started over, paying closer attention to the poor directions, and then it was a breeze :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment