Pages

11/25/2012

What To Do With That Pumpkin

Bought a fair size pumpkin before Halloween and just getting aeround to "doing something with it". So cut it into quarters, removed pulp and seed, popped it into the oven on two roasting trays, and baked at 350F for a couple of hours (till it was soft with a fork). Removed skin then puree'd using an emersion blender, and vwa-la, I now have 24 cups of pumpkin mash (that's a lot of mash). My first thought, of course, was make pumpkin pie (good timing, 2 days after Thanksgiving), but this is enough for 12 pies, so I need alternate plans.

Thai Pumpkin Soup (except I leave out the sweet potato, tofu, and chickpeas and emulsify blend everything into a bisque)
Pumpkin Pancakes (except I add a bit more pumpkin, makes the pancakes more dense but more moist too)
Pumpkin Beer (if I were still making it, bad timing being pregnant and all, though)
Cajun Spiced Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin Hot Chocolate (haven't tried this yet, but fully intend too. Love me some homemade hot chocolate).


No comments:

Post a Comment