Pages

12/13/2015

Versatile Lasagna Rolls


Versatile Lasagna Rolls


This was a creation tailored around ingredients I had & wanted to ditch quickly (and luckily I had ricotta and lasagna noodles): Spinach, turkey, and mushrooms. Also, I wanted to make a big batch of something we could eat off of for a while. Voila, Lasagna Rolls (tweaked from this recipe)

Ingredients

  • Your favorite marinara sauce (24 oz worth, size of a jar, roughly). I added fresh garlic, fresh oregano & parsley, mushrooms and finely chopped turkey to this. 
  • 12 boiled lasagna noodles, cooled
  • Some sort of shredded hard cheese (I didn't have parmesan or mozzarella, so used white cheddar)
  • Cheese filling: 1 pint ricotta cheese, 1 small zip-lock bag full of fresh spinach finely diced, salt to taste, and a few tablespoons of sour cream to smooth things out a little (it was a bit too thick), but milk or water would be fine here too. Most recipes call for an egg, but I was out.
Put cheese filling on each lasagna noodle. Roll up. Smooth sauce on bottom of pan. Place noodle rolls on sauce. Cover in sauce. Sprinkle hard cheese on top. Bake at 375F for 25 minutes.

Most of this recipe is very versatile. My only advice is whatever you put in your sauce or filling, make it small, so it doesn't mess up your rolls. Super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment