Pages

2/15/2016

Fish Taco Salad - Atkins Friendly



My parents are on the Atkins diet, so made this for dinner with them. Dad says it's the best thing I've ever  made, so figured I'd post it here to share.

Cabbage Slaw
Finely Sliced Cabbage (one small bag)
Half of a bunch of finely sliced scallions
A few leafs worth of finely diced kale
Apple cider vinegar and olive oil to taste (2 to 1 ratio)
Salt and pepper to taste

Pico de Gallo
1 Avocado diced
1 Medium tomato diced
1 Small onion very finely diced
1 Large garlic clove (or two small) finely diced
1 Lemon or Lime 
Small bunch of finely diced cilantro
Small bunch of finely diced fresh parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cream Sauce
Big dollop of sour cream
Lots of Louisiana's hot sauce (until, when mixed it's colored like thousand island)
Salt
Chipotle Pepper Seasoning (to taste)

Fish
Mahi Mahi (can probably substitute other fish like Tilapia, cod, etc...)

Dry Rub
Unfortunately, I didn't measure this. Just applied it directly to each filet until it looked fairly well coated
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Cumin
Paprika
Zaa'tar (basically lemon thyme with a little bit of sesame seed)
Fresh Oregeno (only b/c I didn't have dry)
Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder (just a little)
Cinnamin (just a little)
Then sprinkled a little soy sauce on it until it was pastey and I could rub the seasoning all over

Once the fish has marinated, I cooked it on a George Foreman grill. I never cooked fish on this thing before, but it was absolutely perfect and it's the only way I'll cook this type of fish (thick white filet) from now on. It cooks very fast (just cook it until it has nice looking grill marks). It felt like about 3 or 4 minutes total, no flipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment